- 1 package yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 5 cups flour
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Combine the yeast and 2 cups of flour in a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat the milk, butter, sugar, and salt over medium heat, until the butter has melted. Add the milk mixture to the flour and yeast mixture, and stir to combine.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and nutmeg. Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, and stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, and stir until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover with a towel, and allow to raise for 1 hour in a warm place, free of drafts.
5. Punch the dough down, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Tear about 2 Tbsp of dough off, and roll between your hands to form a round roll. Sprinkle flour on your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Place the rolls on a large baking sheet, coated with cooking spray. Repeat until all the dough is used (should make about 2 dozen).
6. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise in a warm place, free of drafts for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Makes 2 dozen
Per Roll Calories 123