Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 16 oz. package bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lb. tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (1/2 of a large pepper)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 oz. shaved mozzarella cheese (2/3 cup)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and yellow pepper and cook an additional 6-7 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, tomato mixture, basil, pepper, and salt. Stir in the mozzarella, and serve.
Makes 12 cups
Per Serving (1 1/2 cups) Calories 273