Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 tsp melted, salted butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. With a sturdy chef's knife, slice the acorn squash in half vertically, from the stem to the bottom of the squash. Use a spoon to scoop out the inner seeds and strings and discard.
3. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of melted butter and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over the cavity of each squash half. Fill a medium-sized baking pan with about 1/2 inch of water, and place the squash halves, skin side up, in the baking pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, or until the squash is tender.
Per Serving (1/2 cup of squash) Calories 110