Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 16-oz. package baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp butter, or non-trans fat stick margarine (such as Smart Balance)
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
1. Place the carrots in a large pot, and add enough water to cover them. Place over medium-high heat, and bring them to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and simmer until they are nice and tender, about 20 minutes. Drain off the cooking liquid.
2. When the carrots have about 5 minutes left, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, and salt and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the carrots, and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, until the carrots are glazed and well coated.
3. Lightly toss the carrots with the parsley before serving.
Per Serving Calories 68