Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 32-oz. carton reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup (1-inch) cut fresh green beans (1/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup uncooked seashell pasta
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained (you could use Great Northern beans instead)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz. shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (3/4 cup)
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and next 6 ingredients, through oregano. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
2. Bring soup to a boil. Add pasta and cook 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.Add cannellini beans, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Divide soup into six bowls. Sprinkle each with 2 Tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Per Serving Calories 239, Total Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 298mg, Pro 13g, CHO 40g, Fib 4.2g