Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1 cup chopped onion ( 1 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 32-oz. carton chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 flour
1. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for four minutes.
2. In a 4-quart crock pot, combine the onion and garlic with the chicken breast, chicken broth, 2 cups of water, and the next 4 ingredients. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, making sure the vegetables and soft.
3. Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of water with 1/4 cup of flour.Add the flour mixture to the crock pot, and cook and additional 1/2 hour, until the stew is thickened.
Per Serving Calories 179