Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours, 25 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours, 35 minutes
- 1 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups beef broth
- 5 large, peeled carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bay leaf
1. Rub the pork shoulder roast with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker with 1/4 cup water, and cook on low for 10 hours.
2. Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred using two forks. Place the pork in a large plastic bag, along with the flour, and toss to coat.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and onion, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until tender. Add the pork, discarding any excess flour, and cook for an additional minute. Add the beef broth, carrots, potatoes, and bay leaf, and simmer 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serves 6Per Serving Calories 315