Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 325°F
2. Next, place 1/2 cup of the rolled oats in a blender or food processor. Process for five to ten seconds, until the oats are ground into a course powder. Set aside.
3. Coursely chop the raisins just so that they are in slightly smaller pieces. Set aside.
4. Now you will mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine the rolled oats, the processed oats, the almonds, raisins, wheat germ, salt, and brown sugar. Then, in a separate dish, whisk the egg and egg whites with a fork, and add the maple syrup and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the oat mixture, and combine well with a spoon.
5. Coat an 8x11 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Use the back of a large spoon, or you fingers to press the oat mixture firmly and evenly into the pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the granola patty become lightly browned. Allow to cool for five minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut the patty into twelve equal bars.
Makes twelve bars
Per Serving (one bar) Calories 161, Fat 4.6 grams, Protein 5 grams, Carbs 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams