Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours, 30 minutes
- 5 pounds sweet, firm, ripe apples
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Wash and core apples. Peel if desired.
2. Slice apples into 1/4 inch rings. You may slice the apples any way you want. Just keep in mind that the thinner the apple slices are, the less time they will require to dry.
3. Sprinkle the apples lightly with ground cinnamon if desired.
4. Place the apple slices in single layers on the trays of a food dehydrator, making sure that apples do not touch. Set the temperature to 135°F. Dry the apples until they reach the desired consistency. Preferably, the apples should be soft and leathery, and not tacky.
4. Allow the apples to cool to room temperature, and then store the apples in airtight plastic bags or containers for up to nine months.
Calories Per Serving 100