- 2 cups turkey drippings (from a roasted turkey)
- 1/8 tsp ground, black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstach
- Salt to taste
1. Strain turkey drippings through a sieve, reserving the liquid, and discard any solids.
2. Pour the drippings into a fat separator, and allow to sit until the fat rises to the top. To speed up the process, you may add a couple ice cubes to the drippings.
2. Pour the liquid drippings from the fat separator (leaving the solid fat behind) into a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the black pepper, and bring to a heavy simmer.
3. In a separate dish, mix together the cornstarch and milk, and slowly pour the mixture into the drippings, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Continue cooking until thickened.
4. Season with salt to taste as needed.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Per Serving (1/4 cup) Calories 17