4 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup panko
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
1 large dill pickled, sliced
1/2 cup green lettuce leaves
1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
1/4 cup lowfat mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the cornflakes in a large ziplock baggies. Seal the bag, and then use a rolling pin or the palm of our hand to crush the cornflakes into small pieces. Combine the cornflakes on the panko in a large shallow dish. Add the salt and pepper to the mixture, combine well and set aside. Then, crack the egg into a separate large shallow dish, and whisk it well.
3. Take a chicken breast, and dredge it through the egg mixture, coating well. Then, dredge the chicken breast in the cornflake and panko mixture. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the hot oven, and bake for about 20 minutes. Check that the chicken breasts are done by using a sharp knife to cut through the thickest part of one of the breasts to make sure it is no longer pink.
5. While the chicken breasts bake, prepare the toppings for the sandwiches. You may choose to toast the hamburger buns during the last few minutes of the chicken baking. Simple split the buns, and place the halves on the baking rack of the oven. Allow them to toast for just one to two minutes, keeping a close eye on them so that they do not burn. Then, to prepare the sandwiches, place a chicken breast on the bottom half of one of the hamburger buns. Top with a leaf of lettuce, a tomato slice and sliced pickles. Spread one tablespoon of the lowfat mayonnaise on the top half of the bun, and place the top bun half on top of the sandwich. Repeat for the remaining sandwiches.
Per Serving Calories 356, Fat 15gm, Pro 30gm, Carbs 26gm