Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomates
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1. Place a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and add the ground beef and chopped onion. Separate the ground beef with a fork. Cook the beef and onions, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are soft.
2. Add the next 7 ingredients, through the ground red pepper, and stir until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Simmer the soup over medium heat for 15 minutes and serve warm.
Per Serving Calories 197, Calories from Fat 13, Total Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 570mg, Pro 15g, CHO 31g, Fiber 7