Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 of one medium)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15. oz. can mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 oz. shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. crushed, baked tortilla chips
- Diced cilantro
1. Heat a large, high-sided pan, coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for one minute. Then add the chicken, onion, and cumin, and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until onions are soft and chicken is no longer pink.
2. Pour in the water, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and stewed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, then top evenly with the cheese, chips, and cilantro.
Per Serving Calories 155