Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breast tenders on the grill pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked completely through. Remove the chicken from the pan and cut into ½-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat the canola oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook 5 minutes until the vegetables become tender.
3. Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables in the pot, and add the rice, rosemary, and black pepper.
4. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer just long enough to warm the chicken.
Per Serving Calories 177, Total Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 615mg, Pro 12g, CHO 22g, Fiber 1.5g