- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled potato
- 1 16 oz. package frozen, chopped broccoi
- 3 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz. aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken broth, potato, and broccoli, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until the potato is tender.
2. In a separate dish, whisk together the milk and flour. Add the milk mixture to the potato mixture, and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove the soup from the heat, and add the salt, pepper, and cheese, Stir until the cheese is melted.
3. Place 1/2 of the soup mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, and serve.
Per Serving Calories 235, Fat 12 gm, Carbs 18gm