Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. fresh, trimmed asparagus spears (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped leek (1 med.)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine asparagus, ½ teaspoon olive oil, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl, tossing until asparagus is coated.
3. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until asparagus is fork-tender.
4. While asparagus is cooking, heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add leek and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until tender. Add lemon juice.
5. Toss leek mixture with asparagus, and serve immediately.
Per Serving Calories 69, Total Fat 3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 72mg, Pro 4g, CHO 7g, Fiber 3g