- 8 oz. yolk-free egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 oz. grated parmesan, divided
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 5 oz. cans chunk-light tuna, undrained
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. While the egg noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet. Add the flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth, and simmer 3-4 minutes, until thick and smooth. Add the minced onion, salt, pepper, and 1 oz. of parmesan, and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, pour the milk mixture over the cooked noodles. Add the undrained tuna, and stir to combine.
4. Pour the noodle mixture in a casserole dish, and sprinkle the remaining parmesan and wheat germ on top.
5. Broil the casserole for 3 minutes, and serve hot.
Calories 304, Fat 12 grams