Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 8 cups cubed baguette-style white bread (12 oz., cut in 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 lb. chicken sausage with casings removed
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms (about 4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 cup chopped celery (3-4 stalks)
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsely
- 1 tsp dried, rubbed sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground, black pepper
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the bread cubes on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toasted and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Place a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, crumbling as it cooks, until done. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside. Add the mushrooms, onion, and celery to the pan, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.3. Toss the sausage, parsley, sage, thyme, and pepper with the vegetable mixture. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, along with the toasted bread cubes and toss together. Pour in the can of chicken broth, and mix together until moistened.
4. Place the stuffing in a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. The top should be slightly browned, and stuffing should be steaming hot.
Per Serving Calories 157