Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
- 8 oz. smoked chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
1. In a large dutch oven, cook the sausage and chicken over medium-high heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the canola oil to the pan, and cook the celery, green pepper, and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Add the thyme and rice, and cook 3 more minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper.
3. Cover, and cook 20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed. Add the shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes longer, until the shrimp is bright pink.
Calories Per Serving 293