Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- cooked quinoa
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Slice the green bell peppers in half vertically, and remove the pulp and seeds from the inside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and add the bell peppers. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove the peppers from the water, and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the hamburger. Break up the hamburger with a fork, and cook until the hamburger is no longer pink. Remove the hamburger, and set aside. Add the onion, carrot, and garlic to the pan, and cook 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Return the hamburger to the pan, and add the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Remove from the heat, and add the fresh basil.
4. Place the green pepper halves on a baking dish, and fill each cavity with about 3/4 cup of the quinoa mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Set the oven to the broil setting. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the stuffed peppers, and broil for 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
Per Serving Calories 213