- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 jar bottled marinara sauce
1. First, prepare the meatballs. Preheat the oven to 375. Then, place the ground sirloin in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the chopped onion, dried breadcrumbs, beaten egg, salt, and ground black pepper. Use your hands or a fork to mix all ingredients together. 2. Spray a large cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Use your hands to roll the meat mixture into meatballs with about a 1 1/2 inch diameter. Continue rolling to meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls until all the meat has been used.
3. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the middles are no longer pink. Place the meatballs in a dish, and cool completely in the fridge. Once the meatballs are cool, combine them along with the sauce in a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag. Place in the freezer, and freezer.
4. When you are ready to eat the meatballs for dinner, thaw them in the fridge, then heat the content of the bag in a large saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Cook spaghetti to serve with the meatballs and sauce.
Per Serving (meatballs and sauce only) Calories 221, Fat 9gm, Pro 11gm, Carbs 23gm
Note: These meatballs are versatile! Try thawing them, and putting them on submarine sandwich rolls for a meatball sub! The possibilities are endless!