- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 9 graham crackers)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 3 oz. regular cream cheese
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp whole milk yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until well-combined. Spray 12 mini-muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Press about 1 1/2 tablespoons of graham cracker mixture into each muffin compartment, assuring that the graham cracker mixture is pressed evenly along the bottom and up the sides.
3. Bake the graham cracker crusts for 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, pumpkin and egg whites. Process until smooth. Add the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, and process until well-combined.
4. Pour the pumpkin mixture evenly into each of the tart shells.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F until a toothpick inserted in the center of a tart comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan, then carefully loosen tarts. Serve or refrigerate up to one day.
Makes 1 dozen
Per Serving (1 tart) Calories 130