Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 7 sheet of 9x14 inch phyllo dough, thawed in refrigerator
- Cooking spray
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 12 oz. can 2% lowfat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Remove the phyllo dough from the refrigerator, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients,(pumpkin through salt) and mix well with a wire whisk.
4. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Work with one phyllo sheet at a time, and cover the remaining sheets with plastic wrap. Lay one phyllo sheet in the pie plate with the edges hanging over the side. Spray the sheet with cooking spray. Repeat, layering the remaining sheets in the pie plate, placing them so that the entire bottom of the pie plate is covered, and all edges of the pie plate are covered as well.
5. Have a small dish of cold water handy. Wet you fingers, and fold the hanging edges of the phyllo dough inward, and press them along the edge of the pie plate to make a nice edging. Continue wetting your fingers as needed so that the phyllo dough does not crumble.
6. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the phyllo dough shell.
7. Bake the pie for 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Allow to cool completely, then serve or store in the refrigerator.
Optional: Top with a dollop of low fat whipped topping if desired.
Per Serving Calories 157