Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
1. Place the milk and mint leaves in a large, heavy saucepan. Stir constantly over high heat, just until it boils. Remove from the heat, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Pour the milk mixture through a fine strainer, reserving the milk in a large bowl, and discard the mint leaves. Return the milk to the saucepan.
3. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk the sugar mixture into the milk mixture. Next, whisk the beaten egg and egg whites into the milk mixture.
4. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
Makes 6 cups
Per Serving (1/2 cup) Calories 112