Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until peeks form.
3. Combine the sugars and cocoa in a seperate bowl, and add it to the egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time as you continue beating.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the meringue cookie batter by spoonfulls onto the lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300°F for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven, and crack the oven door so that it can vent. Leave the cookies in the oven for an additional 2 hours to cool.
Makes 24 cookies
Per CookieCalories 20