- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Heat the milk and half and half in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches about 180°F. Do not boil the milk.
2. In a separate dish, cream the egg yolks and the sugar until smooth. Add one cup of the hot milk mixture to the sugar mixture, and stir to combine. Then, add the entire egg mixture to the milk mixture in the pan, and cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 160°F.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla and raspberries. Cover the mixture, and chill until cool.
4. Pour the mixture into the freezer can portion of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Makes 8 Cups