- 1/4 butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the softened butter and the brown sugar and white sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl. With an electric beater, beat the butter and sugars until the mixture is smooth. Then, add the egg and the vanilla extract, and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined.
3. In a separate, large mixing bowl, combine the flour, old fashioned oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Assure that the mixture is well combined. With a large, sturdy spoon, mix in the butter and sugar mixture. Pour in the chocolate chips, and combine well.
4. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart from eachother.
5. Bake the cookies for ten to twleve minutes, until the edges of the cookies turn slightly brown. (bake a little less for soft cookies, and a little longer for crisp cookies).
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Per Serving (one cookie) Calories 73, Fat 2 gm, Carbs 14 grams, Protein 1 gram