Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp ice water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1/2-inch cubed potatoes
- 2 cups roasted, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped, fresh tarragon
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions for Low Calorie Chicken Pot Pie:
1. Combine 1 cup of the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a course meal. Add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and combine to form a ball. On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Place the dough between two sheets of waxed paper, dusted with flour, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. While the dough is in the refrigerator, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the leeks, and cook for five minutes. Then add the mushrooms, and cook an additional two minutes. Add two cups of the chicken broth and the potatoes, and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add the chicken breast and black pepper.
3. In a small dish, combine remaining 1/4 cup of the chicken broth and 1/4 cup of flour, and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixure to the chicken mixture, and cook for 2 minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat, and add the tarragon and peas.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Spray a 10-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Remove the pie crust from the fridge, and remove the top layer of wax paper. Turn the pie crust into the pie plate (with the un-papered side down), and then remove the remaining piece of wax paper. Press the pie crust into the pie plate, fluting the edges with your fingers. Pour the chicken mixture into the pie crust.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges of the pie crust are lighty golden.
Per Serving Calories 242