Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 26-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella
1. In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese, the oregano and pepper. Place the egg whites in another shallow dish. Dredge each chicken breast first in the egg white, and then the breadcrumb mixture to coat the entire breast evenly. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts on each side for about 5 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken, and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and the mozzarella cheese.
4. Broil for 3 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to become golden.
Per Serving Calories 311