Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- Ingredients for Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 4 sliced thinly sliced lean ham (2 oz.)
- 4 slices thinly sliced mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper. Using a meat mallet, pound to chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. In a small dish, combine the egg whites, butter and garlic. In a separate, shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. To prepare the chicken cordon bleu, lay one chicken breast flat. Place one slice of ham, and one slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken. Roll the chicken breast up, enclosing the ham and cheese inside, and secure with a toothpick. Dip the rolled chicken breast into the egg white mixture, coating the entire outside. Then, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, assuring that the entire chicken breast is coated. Place the chicken, seam side down, on a baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat the procedure with the remaining chicken breasts.
4. Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, and the tops are golden brown.
Per Serving Calories 286