- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned, commercial salsa, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup grated, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- Fat-free sour cream for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and green bell pepper, and cook five minutes, or until vegetables are tender.3. Add the chicken, black beans, rice, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of salsa, and the next three ingredients, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
4. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese and cilantro. Stir until the cheese is melted.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture into each of the tortillas, and roll the tortillas tightly. Place in a 9x13-inch baking dish, and top with the remaining salsa.
6. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, or until slightly crisp. Top with sour cream.
Per Serving Calories 173