- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 paprika
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup panko
1. Cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 1/2 inch chunks. Set them aside until you are ready to coat them
2. Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the beaten eggs, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. In another separate shallow dish combine the crushed cornflakes and panko (which is a Japanese style breadcrumb that is nice and crunchy).
3. To prepare the chicken nuggets, begin by placing the chicken pieces 3 at a time in the egg mixture, being sure to coat them thoroughly. Then, one at a time dredge the chicken pieces in the cornflake mixture, being sure to completely coat the entire chicken nuggets. Place the coated chicken nugget on a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat for the remaining chicken nuggets.Bake the chicken nuggets at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until no pink remains in the chicken nuggets.
To freeze the chicken nuggets, cool them completely once they are finished cooking. Then place them in a large freezer grade plastic bag or freezer container. Label the container, and freeze.
To reheat the nuggets once they are frozen, place in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place in an oven heated to 400 degrees, and cook for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken nuggets are heated through.
As an alternative, you could wait to cooking the chicken nuggets entirely on the day you plan to eat them. To do this, place the cut chicken pieces along with the egg mixture in a large freezer bag, and seal it. In a separate large freezer bag, place the crushed cornflakes, the panko, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Seal this bag. Label the bags and place them in the freezer together. On the day you want to serve the nuggets, place the bags in the fridge to allow the chicken to thaw. Then, put the chicken pieces in the bag with the cornflake mixture, shake to coat the chicken pieces, and then place the chicken pieces on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake the chicken at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Calories 276, Fat 10gm, Sat Fat 3gm, Pro 35 gm, Carbs 10gm