Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (3 small)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter and sugar, and beat with a mixer at medium speed, about 3 minutes or until well combined. Add the egg and applesauce, and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in the bananas.
3. Lightly spoon the all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the two flours, baking soda, and salt in a separate large bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing after each addition until moistened.
5. Coat one loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.
7. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf, 10 servings
Per Serving Calories 100, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.5g (sat 1.4g), Cholesterol 14mg, Sodium 108mg, Pro 2g, CHO 17g, Fiber 1g