Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 small zucchini, washed and sliced into 3-inch by 1-inch pieces (about 1 lb.)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese (about 1 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 475º F.
2. Place the egg whites in a shallow dish. Dredge the zucchini sticks in the egg white mixture.
3. In a large ziplock bag, combine the breadcrumbs, mozzarella cheese, salt, and ground red pepper. Place the zucchinni sticks, 3 at a time, in the bag, and shake until they are well-coated with the breadcrumb mixture.4. Place the zucchini sticks in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the zucchini sticks.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then turn over, and bake an additional 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender, and outside coating is crispy.
Per Serving Calories 57