For the Dough:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 pound ground sirloin
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. To prepare the dough, place the warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle the sugar and the yeast into the water and allow to dissolve. Let the mixture sit for about five minutes. Then, add the salt and three cups of flour. Stir to combine the mixture, then turn the dough out onto a floured surface and work the dough. Knead for about five minutes. Add more flour if the dough is sticking to your hands. Form the dough into a ball, and place it in a greased bowl. Cover with a towel, and let the dough rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Then punch the dough down. Let it rest while you brown the meat.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then, place the ground sirloin in a large frying pan, and place over medium high heat. Use a fork to break up the meat, and cook the meat until browned and no pink remains. Drain any grease, and set aside.
3. Turn the dough out onto a large work surface sprinkled with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4 of an inch thick.
4. Use a spoon to sprinkle the ground meat out onto the dough, and spread around evenly. Then, evenly sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan, dried oregano , and salt. Then, starting at one of the long ends, begin rolling the dough, enclosing all of the meat and cheeses inside, and continue rolling until you reach the other long end. You should now have a long tube of dough with all of the toppings neatly enclosed. Then, use a very sharp knife to cut the roll into 1 inch wide discs, and place each disk on a large greased cookie sheet. Continue until you have sliced the entire roll.
5. Bake the pizza rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on the top. Allow them to cook on the baking sheet for five minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes 12 Rolls
Per Roll Calories 195, Fat 5gm, Pro 9gm, Carbs 28gm