- 2 cups fresh, chopped tomato (I prefer using a meaty tomato such as roma)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 seeded, chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno seeded, and chopped (use more or less according to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Begin by placing the chopped tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the chopped onion, chopped green bell pepper, chopped jalapeno pepper, the fresh lime juice, and the chopped cilantro. Toss the vegetables together with a spoon until well combined. Then, sprinkle in the salt. Stir the salsa to combine well. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
2. Serve the pico de gallo immediately, or place it in a container, cover tightly, and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Makes about 2 1/2 cup of pico de gallo
Per Serving (about 1/4 cup) Calories 12, Fat 0gm, Carbs 3gm, Pro 0gm